Get your voice heard!
Wellington Access Radio is always on the lookout for new programme makers to create content by, for and about their communities.
We prioritise content under section 36(c) of the Broadcasting Act:
To ensure that a range of broadcasts is available to provide for the interests of
- women; and
- youth; and
- children; and
- persons with disabilities; and
- minorities in the community including ethnic minorities; and
- to encourage a range of broadcasts that reflects the diverse religious and ethical beliefs of New Zealanders
A.2.1 Not-for-profit community groups.
- Smaller groups lacking resources
- Those wanting exposure, feedback or interaction
- Support groups for people with special needs (health, education, welfare)
- Minority political groups
- Hobby, special interest, recreational
- Larger local, regional, national organisations
- Educational and training institutes
A.2.2 Individuals with a cause, concern, message or interest
- Priority to talk back on specific topics
- With significant community interest
- Not be able to be easily disseminated in other media
- Community programming
A.3 Special Music Enthusiasts
- Non-derivative ethnic music
- Local and regional music
- New Zealand Music
- Other music categories, i.e. Jazz, Dance, World
We broadcast live on 783AM, stream live at accessradio.org.nz, as well as hosting on-demand podcasts.
Our non-commercial frequency, granted by the Ministry for Culture and Heritage, together with invaluable support from New Zealand On Air allows us to provide programme makers and community groups with the tools to represent, connect and inform.
If you would like to know more about making a programme or sponsorship opportunities at Wellington Access Radio, please get in touch at Kristen@accessradio.org.nz or call the station on 04 385 7210.